Saturday, March 4, 2017

Give it up

Each year, I do my best to give up something for Lent.  In the past, I've given up chewing gum, candy, soft drinks (which turned into a lifestyle change), fasted during certain hours of the day, and probably some other stuff that is not coming to me right now.  However, this year, I decided to do something different. 



Since my vacation in October 2016, I've been thinking about my life as a whole and trying to have a better understanding as to why I'm here.  I believe I have things to do, people to see, and places to go.  I haven't quite wrapped my head around all of this yet, but I just know this is how my life is supposed to be.  For 2017, instead of setting resolutions, I decided to set goals.  For instance, I want one of my bills completely paid off this year (and I'm almost there).  I also want to meet certain social media goals for this blog.  There is an ultimate weight loss goal, but that's not what is important to me right now (even though I am actively working out and meal planning).  However, there is something else.  

I want to devote more time to doing this - blogging.  I want to devote more time to crafting.  I want to devote more time to reading.  So for Lent, I have decided to block out 3 hours of my after work day to my place being a non TV zone.  Music only!  I've been doing this since the start of Lent (yes, I'm fully aware it is only a few days), but I can already see a difference.  

In these past few days, I've started working on crafts, I've been more active in my bullet journal, I'm doing better at staying on top of my schedule, and I have even (finally) started working on my book...even though someone had to give me an extra push.  

No matter what you decided to give up for Lent, I hope it makes some type of change in your life.  I can already see a positive change in mine and looking forward to seeing how much I get done during this season.  

What did you give up for Lent?

No comments:

Post a Comment