Friday, March 17, 2017

Last day of...

This is the final day at a certain age.  LOL!!!  Seriously, it hasn't been a bad year, but I do have to say it's been a rough year of growth.  That probably doesn't make a lot of sense to you, but this is the only thing that makes sense to me.  

There are some things in life that I've managed to make peace with.  There are some things I will never have and I understand that I will never have them.  I don't really get it and there are some things we're not supposed to get, but there is a peace about it.  There are some things I'm going to have, but it's going to take me a little bit longer to get them (and that's cool).  Then there are some things I'll get right now and not have to wait another moment.  

I have goals.  I have dreams.  There are some things that I've already worked hard for - my career and this blog being two of them.  And that is what brings us here today.  

For my entire adult life, I have been absolutely career oriented.  It has taken me a minute to realize that fact.  When in my early and mid 20s, the only thing I cared about was graduating from college and getting a job in my field of study.  In my mid and late 20s, the only thing I cared about was starting a career and making sure I did a good job with this blog.  Now that I've reached my early 30s, I care about making this blog better and continuing to climb the ladder in my career (while shattering a few glass ceilings in the process).  There is absolutely nothing wrong with being career driven, but at what cost?  What have I missed out on?

I've turned down dates because of first impressions.  I've turned down potential friendships because of first impressions.  I've turned down job opportunities because some family didn't think it was a good decisions.  I've turned down travel opportunities.  I've turned down things that I probably shouldn't have turned down, but I'm pretty sure some things just weren't meant to be.  

As I embark on another year in my 30s, I just want to take this opportunity to take a deep breath and enjoy life that is around me.  I don't know how many more years I have left, but I am looking forward to whatever this journey has left to offer.  


No comments:

Post a Comment