Monday, March 6, 2017

Music Monday - February Edition

February was a good music month for me.  I have put together my favorite seven songs that I listened to this past month.  They are not in any particular order, so here goes...



1 - Can You Stand the Rain
My absolute favorite song by New Edition.  So, I'm guessing after I kept watching that particular scene, it just made me want to hear that song over and over again.  For the rest of February, that was my jam  Even my mom mentioned about how much she enjoyed it!

2 - Broken Vessels
This is one of my favorite Christian songs by Hillsong.  Each time I used to hear it at church, it would just do something to me.  Now when I listen to it at home, it has the same effect.  I'm sure I'll listen to it again soon!

3 - Fly Away From Here
I'm not sure when I first heard this song from Aerosmith, but it's been on my iPod for years.  Last week, it randomly popped up while I was driving and I did one of my classic concerts in the car.  It was the perfect drive home.

4 - When I'm Gone
For those of you who don't know, I love me some Eminem!!!  Not a fan of his early stuff, but Curtain Call did it for me!  This song is why I purchased this album and I'm glad I did! 

5 - Every Time I Close My Eyes
I was driving out of the parking deck last week and this song popped in my head.  I hadn't head it in forever.  This song is somewhere at my parents' house on a cassette.  You know, back when we had to wait for the song to play on the radio for us to record it.  Omg, it's so beautiful.  One of the most perfect songs I've ever heard.  

6 - Night Train
You all know there is a little country in me!  I remember when I first heard this song.  It was a few years ago and we were riding to a job site.  I had no clue who sang the song, so I asked my coworker.  That night, I added the song to my library.  Now, when it randomly pops up on my iPod during a trip, I have to turn my volume up!  

7 - Mercy
I have not been shy about not being able to stand a particular song by Shawn Mendes, but this song right here is simply amazing.  He's singing from the bottom of his heart and there is nothing wrong with that!  To me, this truly showed Mendes as an artist.  I wish this would have been his first single, but this was worth the wait. 

♯   ♯   ♯

Well, now you know what I was listening to last month!  I hope you enjoyed this post.  I think Music Monday might me something I start doing the first Monday of the month.  What do you think?  



No comments:

Post a Comment