Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Results

If you have been following my journey to a healthier me this year, you have seen that I have a few rules about how I am going about this.  I'm still eating what I want, just less of it.  I've learned moderation and thanks to LoseIt, I can keep track of all meals and workouts.  It just makes life a bit easier.  I don't think that is too weird.  Next, I have set small goals to help me reach my big goal.  I've been using my bullet journal for this and it is awesome!!!  I love coloring in my old weight and vowing to never go back to that weight.  However, that is more about control.  Not too strange, right?

Here is where I start to throw some people off.  I only weigh myself once a month.  I'm not a number on a scale, but I am liking results.  However, I don't want to get caught up with having to drag out my scale each week.  For some people, that works.  Me, not so much.  I weigh myself on the first day of the month in the morning before I shower.  Here is another thing I love to do around that same time, try on my camo jeans - you remember, the goal jeans for this weight loss journey.  I think it is fun to see how my body has changed and to see how much further I have to go.  But this past weekend, I had an unexpected surprise....

My mom wanted to buy me a dress for my birthday.  Cool.  So in thrilling mother - daughter fashion, we went shopping!  She and I both love Dress Barn.  There are some really nice finds in that store.  I also love the fact they are not an exclusive plus size or straight size store.  However, I have grown accustomed to knowing where I belong and going to the plus size section.  Hey, I know my truth!  

We walk in and I fall in love with a dress.  Yall, seriously, IN LOVE!!!  One of the associates broke the news to me, the one on the mannequin on that side of the store was the last one.  She looked to see what size it was and it was too big.  The search for the dress continued.  I picked out four dressed to try on.  You know, simply because I love options.  I loved everything I tried on, but nothing was like that dress I was never going to get to have.  One of the associates helping me didn't give up the good fight!  

She brings me a dress.  She brings me THE dress.  But....she brought me the dress from the straight size side of the store and it didn't have the "W" (aka wide) on the tag that I'm used to seeing.  My mom was sitting outside the dressing room door and I told her "I'm going to get stuck in this dress and we're going to have to pay for it because they're going to have to cut me out of it".  Honestly, the ONLY reason I tried on this dress was to prove to the associate that I could not fit the dress.  

Well, let's just say we ended up paying for the dress.  We paid for the dress.  We paid for the dress that came from the straight size section of the store because it fit, with a little bit more room to spare.  


🎇   🎇   🎇   YAY   🎇   🎇   🎇

This is when I finally broke and told my mom that I had lost 10.9 pounds.  You probably don't think that is a lot between January 2 and March 1 of this year, but to me, that is marvelous!!! It's marvelous because, in some stores, I'm already down a size.  Yes, plus size shopping is ridiculous because nothing ever fits the same.  On the other hand, I'm really proud of myself and I'm proud of the other people who are on this same journey.  

It's a great day.  It was a great weekend.  It was the best birthday I had had in years and not just because of that dress...but I have to admit, that was a small part of it!   

No comments:

Post a Comment