Sunday, March 5, 2017

The Liebster Award

You all know that I love each post that I do because it's my work.  I just love to write.  It's just what I do, when I'm not being a civil engineer during the day.  But this is a special post to me.  This is the first time I've ever been nominated for an award.  I don't think you understand the joy in my heart right now as I type this post because it is just so exciting.  

Thank you so much to the wonderful and talented Demi for nominating me, along with 10 other highly talented bloggers.  



Well, now that I have probably bored you with the introduction, let's get to why you are really here - to know some answers to some pretty cool questions.  What did Demi ask me?

1 - What is your biggest goal for 2017?
Did we have to start off with such a hard question?  Oh - em -ghee!!!  I guess my biggest goal for 2017 would be for me to not go on a month long break from my blog.  I know taking breaks is a great thing and I advise people to take them, but when I used to take month long breaks, I felt like I lost touch with my readers and that hurt.  Last year, I learned how to take breaks, but not totally go in hiding.  Quite frankly, I attribute that to having a better handle on my anxiety.  Hopefully, I will keep with this trend and you will continue to see consistent post in this blog!

2 - Are you a reader? If so, what is your favorite genre?  
I love to read.  However, I don't have a favorite genre.  I read things that get my attention.  I like to go in bookstores and just stroll the aisles until I find a cover (yes, cover) and title that gets my attention.  After that, I flip over to the back and if I get really intrigued, I check out a few pages.  That's how I decide what I want to read.  You can look in my own personal collection at home and on my Kindle and think "huh", but  it's just me!  

3 - Quick pick: sun, moon, or stars?
This is particularly hard because I have stars tattooed on my foot and a crescent moon tattooed on my leg.  However, if I had to pick one, it would be the stars.  Growing up in the country away from lights, I would go outside and just look at them.  Honestly, even when I visit my parents now, I love going to lie in the bed of my dad's truck and do the same.  Yes, that's it - definitely the stars.  

4 - What inspires you to write in your blog the most?
People.  By far, people.  Although I'm an Unorthodox Introvert, I love people.  I just love people in small doses.  We're all pretty interesting if we take the time to get to know each other a little bit better.  I hope you have grown to know me in this blog and I hope that in my blog life and in my daily life, I've taken the chance to know the people around me.  

5 - If you could be any celebrity for a day, who would you be and why?
Because I adore her so much, it would have to be Britney Spears.  I know that has thrown you for a loop and you are probably thinking "what in the hell".  Let me explain myself.  I've been a fan of Britney since she first arrived on the scene.  I have a playlist totally dedicated to her and I proudly listen to it at least once a week.  When she shaved her head, I was worried.  However, as I have grown older, I understand her breakdown, especially since I suffer from my own anxiety issues.  That award show she performed on that year that was definitely not up to par, I felt bad for her because that just wasn't her and we know that wasn't her.  When she lost her kids, I hurt for her because no parent who is trying wants to go through that.  However, when she started her Vegas show, which I would love to see, I could only think that she was back and I am so glad she is back!  Talk about appearing to hit rock bottom, but then able to come back.  That in itself is a blessing and no one can take that away from her. 

6 - If your life were a sitcom, who would play you?
She would have to get a little bit older, but I think Marsai Martin (Diane on Black-ish) could pull me off very well.  In order to play that character, you have to embody some of what that character is.  She's blunt.  She says what she needs to say and hurt feelings along the way.  She's a diva.  She's got style.  Hair is on point. But at the end of the day, she has a love for the people around her, even if they do tear up her nerves.  And even though she doesn't want to really admit it because she has to keep up the tough exterior, she does have a bit of a soft side.  That's just how it is...and that is me! 

7 - What cartoon character would best describe your personality?
Ok, now that I think about it, question 1 was not that bad!  Cartoon character?  I'm probably going to age myself, but I think I have to go with Ashley Spinelli (simply known as Spinelli) on Recess.  This chick right here did not mess around and was ready to fight to protect her friends at any cost.  I don't like it when people mess with me, but I cannot stand it when people are bothering my friends.  She also was bold and was never afraid to speak her mind.  She said what she had to say and that was that!

8 - What is you favorite season and why?
Hands down, my favorite season is Winter!  I love cold weather.  I live in the South, so I don't get much snow, but when I do, I turn into a big kid!  I love wrapping up in a blanket.  I love crocheting blankets during this time of year because when I get cold, my own creation keeps me warm.  I love my thick socks.  I love wearing my sweats.  Ok, and one final thing - I was born in the winter.  

9 - What is your favorite dish?
I don't really have a favorite dish.  I was blessed enough to grow up in a household where both my parents could cook and they both cook very well.  In fact, I just put in my orders for the foods I expect for my birthday.  So, if I just had to choose, it would be my mom's cubed steak, with mac and cheese or potatoes, which broccoli, and cornbread.  My dad makes the best lasagna I've ever tasted.  Seriously, can't go wrong!  

10 - Tell us your ultimate dream vacation?
 I feel like I take my ultimate dream vacay each year because I try my best to spend a week on the beach each year.  Last week, I spent two weeks at two different beaches.  It was awesome.  Let's see if that can happen again this year.

11 - Describe the perfect outfit for a night on the town.
When I'm going out, I keep it simple - basic black or another solid color.  Partly because I can do any color of accessories with black and when I'm going out, my favorite part is trying to figure out what shoes and jewelry I'm going to wear.  Plus, if you know me, you know that I love eye shadow, so setting off my black outfit with a colorful eye shadow just gives me life.


In other words, the hard part is done!  Here is the part I have been waiting for - nominations!!!

I have gotten the chance to get to know some pretty cool bloggers and it's a bummer that I can only do 11, but here goes.  I nominate the following people...

1 - Marie
2 - Stephanie
3 - Amie
4 - Ms. Jey
6 - Martha
7 - Tisha
8 - Heather
9 - MJ
10 - Jessika
11 - Theo

Ok, now that I've gotten those 11 fabulous bloggers nominated, time to get to these 11 questions!

1 - If you could have any super power, what would it be and why?
2 - What is your favorite color?
3 - If you had a chance to be a Disney Prince or Princess, who would you be and why?
4 - What is your favorite movie?
5 - What is your favorite thing to do, other than blog of course?
6 - Are you a morning or afternoon person?
7 - If you had the chance to be anywhere in the world at this very moment, where would you be and why?
8 - What's your favorite animal?
9 - What has been your favorite vacation?
10 - If you had 24 hours left to live, who would you go see and why?
11 - Where do you do your best brainstorming?

Well, ladies and gentlemen, this sums off this blog post!  AHHHHH!!!!!  Again, thank you Demi for this beautiful nomination.  For my 11, I look forward to seeing your posts!  

Happy writing!!!!  

2 comments: