Tuesday, March 14, 2017

To my former self

This weekend, I get the pleasure of climbing a bit further into my 30s.  That seems weird to me because concerning place in life and a bit of emptiness I constantly feel, I truly feel like I'm in my 20s and have so much time to get all of this stuff accomplished.  But the fact of the matter is that I don't and I don't know if some things are ever going to be in the cards for me.  However, as I continue to get a little bit wiser, I keep learning things and wishing I had known some things.  Since I'm not quite sure that I'll ever have someone of my own to pass along knowledge to, I figured I would tell some things to my former self.  


💞   💞   💞


1 - It's OK to cry.  It's good for the soul.  
2 - Never let someone hurt you to the point that your lose yourself.
3 - Just because your baby died, it doesn't mean you're not a mom.
4 - You don't have to know what you want to do with your life when people expect you to know.  It may take a little while.
5 - Stop being ashamed of your body.  I promise you that you're not as big as what you think you are. 
6 - Wear whatever you want.  You have a style of your own.
7 - The only competition you need to worry about winning is the one where you are competing against yourself. 
8 - People are going to pick at you for being smart.  That's perfectly fine.  Just don't dumb yourself down for them.
9 - Your boobs are going to get bigger, so get used to it.
10 - Moving away is the best thing you're ever going to do.  Quite frankly, you should have done it sooner!  
11 - A photo on social media doesn't mean a thing!
12 - You are a DIVA. Just own it.
13 - You are perfect, just how you are.


No comments:

Post a Comment