Monday, April 3, 2017

Music Monday - March Edition!

You know I love me some music.  March was a great music month for me!  I made a few discoveries and fell back in love with some music from the not so distant past.  In the essence of not wanting to bore you, I'll just give you a quick glance into my music library.  

1 - "Neon Lights" by Natasha Bedingfield
This song makes me want to get up and dance.  I know this song is a few years old, but I heard it for the first time last month on Amazon Music.  I put on a random playlist and this was on it.  OMG, it was on repeat the rest of the night! 

2 - "Scars to Your Beautiful" by Alessia Cara
This song is absolutely beautiful.  I love the message and I hope everyone takes a little something from it.  Music is supposed to be emotional and make you feel something.  This song does that for me.  

3 - "It Ain't Me" by Kygo ft. Selena Gomez
This is a new song that has really had to grow on me.  When I first heard it, I was not feeling it at all.  However, for some reason, about a week ago, it came on when I was in the car and I just started jamming.  I guess it has officially passed Shayla's music car test!

4 - "Anything Can Happen" by Ellie Goulding
I don't have a reason for really loving this song, I just know that I do.  I actually brings back a great memory for me while I was at work and when it came on, I just starting dancing.  I think that is when my coworkers saw the less serious side of me and I realized I could really be me at work!


5 - "Stop and Stare" by One Republic
This song right here!!!  This song actually hurt because as I've gotten older and really understand the lyrics, I know exactly what it is about.  Let me just stop right here so I can listen to the song and get lost in the lyrics.  

6 - "Say You Won't Let Go" by James Arthur
I feel like it took me forever to know who performs this song, but I'm really glad I know now.  The lyrics are beautiful, the video is simple, and it is by far one of the best songs I've heard this year.  I love lyrics and this one definitely shows the love this guy has for the woman.

7 - "Wide Awake" by Katy Perry
I love this song.  I mean, I really love this song.  When this song came out, I was in a dark place and I felt like I understood everything Katy was saying in the song.  For the past couple of weeks, I've had the song on repeat.

♮       ♮       ♮

Well, this is the music junkie in me and I just love it!  I think it was a great month for music and I cannot wait to see what I get my ears to this month!  

No comments:

Post a Comment