Sunday, April 23, 2017

Talking body

There has been a few videos floating around on Facebook recently that has really annoyed me.  The video isn't annoying me, but the reaction.  There is a young lady who is showing how to put on shape wear.  Cool.  I have a few items myself - don't wear them often, but the product she is wearing has caught my eye recently.  

In the videos, to me, it is OBVIOUS this woman has lost a considerable amount of weight.  She is basically using the shape wear to help hold in the skin around her mid section.  Cool.  She seems to struggle, but who doesn't when trying to put on this stuff that has the potential to cut off your circulation?!  Ok, dramatic, but we know that is how it feels!  She gets it on and she looks great, which is exactly what the product is supposed to do.  

So why are people laughing at her?  Someone posted in the comments just go to the gym.  Like I previously said, she has obviously done that, but just hasn't been able to tone or is in the process of toning.  Personally, when I'm on the journey to lose weight, I will lose about 15 to 20 pounds and then add in yoga to help with the toning part.  If I don't do that, I will be doing the same thing she is doing, trying to fit all the skin in something to make it not look as bad.  



Here is the thing that really annoys me with the video though - most of the people with the negative comments are wearing single digit sizes with no problem or still working out themselves to reach a goal.  Oh, how quickly we forget it was just a few years ago you were calling yourself Precious and you were calling yourself negative names, but you want to talk about why this woman is posting video.  

What if the lady is making money by posting and the company is getting good advertisement?  What if these videos are part of her journey?  What if she can't afford to get the skin removed or a trainer (because some are pricey)?  What if she is doing the best she can with what she has?  Don't knock the lady for doing what she can until she is where she wants to be.  

What do you see on social media that just gets on your last nerves?  

No comments:

Post a Comment