Friday, April 21, 2017

What the

I have officially reached the point where I say what the hell is wrong with me when it comes to my place in life.  I'm quickly approaching mid-thirties.  Like, when I say quickly, I feel like the next moment I'm going to wake up from the nightmare and be in my forties.  Dang, I actually said nightmare.  That wasn't one of those words that was planned - that was just me hitting the keys and apparently being really honest with myself about my place in this world.  

It's seems like it's going to be another year of wedding announcements and birth announcements and life is just going to keep passing me by.  I mean, I'm happy for everyone, but I can't help but sit back and wonder what is wrong with me?



I mean, I'm a cool person, with a side of attitude.  However, I'm also curious as to why I keep feeling like I'm being punished.  Yep, that's exactly how I feel - I'm being punished.  It's gotta get better, right?

So, here I sit and just watch life past me by.  It's really like everyone is going 100 and I'm stuck in park.  But I have absolutely no reason to complain - I have a roof over my head, food in my fridge, and plenty of clothes in my closet.  Life is good...just not moving at the pace I thought it would.  Ok, I guess I will just keep enjoying the ride...right?  

2 comments:

  1. Although I am not in the same situation, I understand how you feel. The whole world is just racing by, your Facebook and Twitter feed is full of adventures, and you're not keeping up the pace. You're not alone in feeling this way - I think you'd be surprised just how many people feel this way. Thank you for writing. And I hope things get better for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm learning as each day passes to enjoy this part of my life, but there is still that little spot in my brain that says "what the heck is happening"!

      Delete