Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Hair Wars

We are coming to the time of year where I really want to do something different to my hair.  Typically, by this time, I already have some type of extensions - twists, locs, braids, something!  But this year, I vowed that I would not put any long-term extensions in my hair.  Just one problem - I live in the south and it has been humid since it decided to be Spring in February.  OMG...

My hair has struggled in this humidity.  I wanted my hair straight for my birthday dinner and it was just like the lady hadn't spent two hours glamming my hair up.  It was puffy within hours, but I still made it work.  I wrapped it and I still had to do my hair in the AM before going to work.  But it did allow me to break out my crimp iron.  Hey, at least they are making a minor comeback.  

I have natural 4b/4c hair and it is jet black!  Seriously, it is so black that hair professionals have asked me what dye I use on my hair to get it that color.  I love how dark my hair is and it makes those gray tresses so much more fun.  On the other hand, I'm ready for a color...but then it's things like this that make me change my mind.  


One of my coworkers is so awesome.  She's sweet and she's always asking me about my hair - not because she's trying to be rude, but she's really trying to understand my hair.  This particular day, she wanted to know why I had it covered.  I explained to her what my hair looked like underneath and that it helps me to achieve the style I wanted for the next day.  She proceeds to tell me how proud she is that I wear my hair natural without using the dangerous chemicals and how pretty my jet black hair really is.  How can I possibly want to change it now.  But then later that day, I see the hair color I want!!!  

Decisions, decisions, decisions.  I have no clue what my summer hair color is going to be.  It might be what is already on my hair, or I may change it up for a few weeks.  Whatever I decide to do, you know I will let you know.  All you have to do is follow me on Instagram! 

What are you doing to your hair this summer?  

No comments:

Post a Comment