Sunday, May 14, 2017

Mother of None

A few weeks ago, I was given an early Mother's Day gift.  I took the gift (because they were insistent), but then I had to nicely explain that I don't celebrate the holiday.  I mean, if people tell me Happy Mother's Day, I will at least acknowledge the day, but Shayla doesn't celebrate.  

For those of you new to The Plus Diaries, welcome.  Please let me explain - 12 years ago, I delivered a still born baby boy.  The nurses let me have him in the room with me the rest of the day (when I wanted him in there) and then at the stroke of midnight, they took him away for me to never see him again.  

I don't feel like a mom.  I love kids and I love the kiddos of my friends, but as I've gotten older and reality starts to set in, I just don't ever think I'll be celebrating a Mother's Day of my own.  As long as my mom is living, the holiday is fair game, but after that (unless something changes), it will be classified as just another day in my blogging neighborhood.

However, to all the Mother's of the world who choose to celebrate - 

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!

I hope your day is filled with all the love and support a mother could and should have.  

No comments:

Post a Comment