Tuesday, May 23, 2017

New nail adventures

I just adore each one of you.  OMG - you all make me wan to keep writing when I'm having a bad day or when I'm just feeling like giving up.  I hate that I don't know each one of you, but I hope that in some small way, you have gotten to know me just by reading this blog.  However...there are a few of you who do know me personally and you have known me for a while.  For those of you who go all the way back before this blog was this blog, you know a certain thing about me - I love me some manicures and pedicures.  If you're really close to me, you know I haven't had a decent manicure since 2009.  I have an announcement...


THE STREAK IS OVER!!!

A couple of weeks ago, I decided to try out a new place in my current city.  I went to Alicia B Nail Bar.  Since it was my first time going, I didn't make an appointment.  I didn't know what I was going to walk into and if the vibe didn't feel right, I wasn't going to stay.  When I walked in, I noticed the decor and the comfy feeling and how the owner, Alicia, interacted with her regulars and myself.  She asked if I could come back in an hour and I agreed.  Other than a few things I bought during my shopping adventure, going to back to the nail place was my best decision of the day.  

When I got back, she and her other nail techs (Kiki and Jessica) were busy, but I was able to pick out a color and got an extended version of my favorite part of any visit - soaking my feet!  I had no clue who was going to help me since it was my first time there, but all I wanted was for my manicure and pedicure to be right because I was going to a concert the next night.  Kiki ended up being my nail tech and she gave me a pedicure that almost had me catching a midday nap!  OMG - that was the most relaxing pedicure I had ever experienced.  But before she even started on my pedicure, she asked me what I wanted to do for my manicure.  

Ok, naturally, I have long fingernails.  I have strong fingernails.  I try to get them healthy and maintained, but not having a decent manicure in eight years, I was reluctant.  However, we talked about what I wanted and she gave me professional advice and she got started on my pedicure.  I had a glass of wine while I was getting my feet done, listened to some good music, and just felt awesome.  

Then, came the moment of truth - it was time for Kiki to do my nails.  But something really great happened while Kiki was doing my nails - Jessica asked my name and said...

"welcome to the family"

How could I not want to come back?!  In between Alicia telling me the right time to come back, Kiki giving my feet life, and Jessica giving me that welcome, I knew I had found my new nail place...hopefully.  Kiki still had to do my nails.  We decided to go with gel polish and just because I'm me, I picked the polish that changes color.  I wanted a party nail and she added some stones on all of them.  And just something else I noticed, she shaped my nails to perfection.  It took a little while, but that was worth it!  Needless to say, my nails ended up better than I had anticipated and I cannot wait to go back.  Best part?  I'm writing this post almost two weeks after my initial visit and ALL of my nails are still in tact!  Yep, this has sealed the deal.  After years of just getting pedicures and mediocre manicures, I finally found a place that can do both and do them very well.  


So, if you live in Columbia, SC or ever pass through and need your nails right, I hope you can get into my new nail place of Alicia B Nail Bar!  If you're looking for great techs with awesome personalities who take their time to give you the look you want, this is the place for you!  Oh, and the conversations are not bad either!  

No comments:

Post a Comment