Sunday, May 7, 2017

Not even flat

Those of you keeping up with me on Instagram know that I've been working to lose some weight this year.  I know people set goals each month, but I haven't.  I have a goal to be fifty pounds lighter by my next birthday.  Basically, I have until the middle of March next year to reach that goal and I've already lost almost eleven pounds.

The first day of the month is always weigh day.  Yep, I only weight myself once a month...unless I have a trip to the doctor.  Since more are digital scales now where I go, I just don't look and I will ask them to not tell me because I'm trying not to psych myself out.  Well, on May 1, I stepped on the scale and to my happiness, I hadn't gained any weight.  Yup, I'm always scared of that.  However, I hadn't lost any weight either.  The dreaded plateau has officially arrived. 

I bet you're thinking she flipped out.  I probably would have, but I didn't because something really wonderful happened - I was able to fit into one of my favorite pants.  Yall don't understand how that felt.  I had tried them on the night before and they fit (for the first time since September).  I posted a story about my pants on Instagram, but here is the mini version - at the beginning of April, I could get them over my thunder thighs, but I could not button them or zip them.  I may not have lost a bit of weight, but I was so happy to finally start seeing myself lose inches.  

How was I able to start losing some of my waist?  Well, I also changed my workout in April.  I added Zumba to my weekly routine and I haven't turned back.  However, now that I've started to lose inches, I want to start toning as well.  Time to add some stretch yoga to my routine to help me out in that endeavor.  

Well, that was my weight madness in April.  I'm really excited to start seeing results in my clothes and not just the scale...because I am so much more than that.  

What did you change last month in any aspect of your life and how has it helped you?

No comments:

Post a Comment