Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Time

It has been a solid month that I jumped into the world of having an actual blog schedule.  When I first started this adventure, I just figured I would write when I felt like it and the rest would be easy.  Well, as I started to get more involved in my blog and wanted to do more things with my blog, I quickly learned that wasn't the case.  

If you were counting, by October of last year, I was writing my 100th post of the year.  I had a busy writing year.  This year, I said that I would be fine with just writing 60 times in this blog (which would basically give me 5 posts a month).  That was all well and good until I realized I have a lot more to say than that would allow.  

Then, it started happening - I started not wanting to write when I got home from work.  I would draft stuff during my lunch break and then just look at it when I got home.  Not cool, right?  That is when I figured, if I am going to keep my blog going, I need to do something different.  That basically was the birth of the blog schedule.  So, how did it go?

For me, it has been working great.  I know when I'm posting stuff and I keep a record in my calendar and as I write, I cross it off.  I didn't think it would allow me to have freedom to write (I'll explain), but it has.  I mean, if I feel like I have something I just have to say, I can simply move a post to a new date because the time is ALWAYS 9am EST!!!  

I love connecting and I am still making a solid effort at doing so, but this has allowed me to do more of that.  When I have posts ready, it gives me a chance to go show some other bloggers love, instead of just writing my posts.  Also, I love to go on small dacays (aka daycations) and having a post ready just makes it easier for me to travel and not feel like I am leaving you behind.  

So, that is how this first month has gone.  I hope you have enjoyed coming along with me as I continue to work out the kinks of my little blog baby.  Thank you for not giving up on me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment