Tuesday, June 20, 2017

100 days and counting

About 3 years ago, there was this thing trending called #100HappyDays!  I really wanted to be involved, so of course, I jumped in.  I think I made it to day 43 and I just stopped.  I couldn't take it anymore.  It's not because I didn't want to do it anymore, I honestly couldn't do it anymore.  

In 2014, I was in a bad place.  I felt like my world was crashing around me and that my life was out of my control.  I was ready to end it all and one day, those thoughts turned into actual tries.  I was crying myself to sleep each night and showing up to work (or wherever I needed to be the next day) with a smile on my face like nothing was wrong.  I only did that challenge to mask what was going on and to try to make myself happy.  That's not what the challenge was intended to do.  

I realized somewhere in between 2014 and now that you have to find the happiness.  It's not just going to be given to you.  There is a not a fairy each morning that comes to you and says be happy.  That's not how it works.  

You actually have to find your happiness each morning and throughout the day.  

One morning, we can wake up feeling less than perfect, but we should be happy we are at least alive.  We can show up to work and that one person that irks you can start with you before you even sit at your desk, but we should be happy we are employed.  There are going to be days when it feels as if life is just dragging you along, but we should be happy that we have the opportunity to learn from the experience.  

I'm starting my new #100HappyDays on June 21 aka tomorrow!  Why?  Well, that's the first day of summer and if you actually know anything about me, you know this is the season I hate most.  Since I have to find my happy, why not challenge myself and do it during the time of year I hate the least?  Time to find some good in this heat and humidity.  

You are welcome to join me on this journey and even if you don't join, I hope you at least watch me as I strive to make it past day 43.  Here's to 100 Happy Days and so many more!  

No comments:

Post a Comment