Friday, June 23, 2017

The back and forth

Different kind of post today.  Honestly, I just need to vent.  Now, don't start with me by saying....

But Shayla, you're supposed to be having #100HappyDays!

I'm fully aware of that.  I don't need a reminder and we are on day 3!  Ok, back to what has brought me here.  Etiquette!  So simple, yet I'm starting to find some people are not using it!  
Bloggers, let's be real, we already struggle.  We get those people who have NO CLUE to time and effort it takes to blog.  Blogging is not just about getting some stuff written.  There's photos, graphics, planning, tweeting, instagram, and sometimes just finding the inspiration is a chore in itself.  I get there when brands play with our emotions that is annoying, but I need one small favor...

PLEASE BE TACTFUL WHEN YOU'RE ON THE "ATTACK"

There is a way to say things.  There is also a way to NOT say things.  Yesterday, I really liked how one blogger posted her tweet.  She didn't slam the brand, she just said what she thought and she let it go.  Cool.  Well done!  

UNLESS you are on your own blog page, please do not call out people...unless you are giving them a warning that you are going to call them out!  

I had an issue with a clothing store.  I had been playing phone tag with them trying to get an answer as to why they wouldn't honor a refund for a torn item.  Clothes are supposed to last more than one wash.  After playing this phone game, I tweeted them and told then that I would do a post about my experience in 48 hours if I didn't hear from them.  That's all I said.  I let my blog do the talking.  

You don't want to mess it up for other bloggers because some brands, especially those just starting out, are still trying to figure out exactly what they want to do.  We had to take time to grow our blogs, brands deserve the same thing.  This doesn't happen overnight!  

However, brands, let's just be real - if you are working with someone, at least give them a shoutout on your social media.  You basically require all of us to tag you, "at" you, or give you some type of recognition in the post itself.  We took the time to work with you, show us some love back!  We're not all looking for free stuff!  I've purchased EVERYTHING I have ever reviewed and I've only had ONE brand give me a shout and feature me on their instagram.  It's a little disheartening, but I (and my fellow bloggers) keep going.  

Blogging is rough!  But I have to say, this has been one of my most fun experiences ever.  I hope I never get tired of doing it.  Writing is just what I do!  

No comments:

Post a Comment