Friday, June 9, 2017

The Grown Up - Part 2

Ok, let's continue from Part 1.  If you are just joining me, here is a quick recap...I'm growing up, I found an article that interested me because it fit what is happening in my life right now, and life is just taking me on some interesting twist and turns.  Alright, back to it!  


4. It's hard for you to trust people
YUP!!!  I start everyone off on a trust level.  If you do something to me, it drops and as you continue to do stupidity around me, it will continue to drive me away.  I've been burned by so many people and I know everyone is not like them, but once it happens, it's hard to forget.  Even my friends, I trust them, but I'm also very watchful.  Unfortunately, this has cost some people along the way (notice I didn't say friends), but I am for the better.  

5. You always feel that your life is boring
I think this about my life.  But I'm ok.  This is the year I've been more focused on me and that has made it boring, especially to those around me.  You don't go out.  You don't do anything.  You're constantly working.  Yes to all of those.  But I don't need to be out all the time in order to be seen.  I have this blog.  I have my instagrams (yes, I'm announcing my new one in a few weeks)!  I am working on making this blog better.  I'm working on my crafts.  I'm working on growing my new business (yes, announcement coming in a few weeks as well).  If on the outside looking in that makes me boring, then boring I shall be! 


6. You are too familiar with the feeling of sadness
The article mentions about being at the lowest point in your life, but it also mentions something really great - you acknowledge that life is not always about being happy.  Life comes with ups and downs and I have learned to be grateful for those.  Life is hard.  If it were easy, it wouldn't be so much fun.  You learn from those down moments.  You learn from those rejections.  But in those low times, you learn that you can handle so much more than you ever thought you could ever hold.  

7. You always feel like you're running out of time
Some days, I truly amaze myself that I can sleep, go to work, get things ready for my blog, have a personal life, have a social life, and be a friend in 24 hours.  I feel like I'm running out of time to get married.  I feel like I'm running out of time to have a child.  I feel like I'm running out of time because everyone around me seems to be moving at the speed of light and I'm moving at a snail pace.  But I'm fine where I am...if I can just get my heart to figure that out.  I have as much time as I am allowed.  I don't know how much time that is, but I hope that I use what time I have left to make an important mark on this world. 

That's it for now.  We'll finish this up on Sunday at 9am EST!  What has these two post caused you think about? 

No comments:

Post a Comment