Friday, July 7, 2017

I'm back!

I cannot go any further without a giant THANK YOU for allowing me to take a break I didn't know I needed.  It's been a wild two weeks.  Truthfully, I have no clue even where to start.  

Just in case you were wondering, I wrote this post last night.  Ironically, yesterday was a long day.  It was hot - in the weather and in my nerves.  I've been busy at work.  I've been trying to find my balance in my life and truth be told, I'm just starting to feel my feet touch the ground.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not there yet, but my tippy toes are finally on something solid.  What caused this madness?  I wish I could tell you, but the fact is that I cannot.  

One day I was perfectly normal and the next, it was totally different.  As you can imagine, it didn't really happen like that, but I think you get it...and you don't have to have anxiety in order to know that.  I kept trying to tell myself that I was OK and I poured myself into working out (which ended the plateau, by the way), but I was still missing something.  

What I was missing was a sense of stability.  This is not anything new for me.  If you are honest with yourself, you go through this at least once a year yourself.  It's all part of growth and learning, but it's also annoying and it hurts.  There's tears, there's anger, there's aggravation, and there is a bunch of soul searching.  However, there is one great thing that comes at the end of this foolishness - you are more than prepared to attack the next hurdle.  Yep, it's going to come.  Just stay ready.

If there is one piece of advice I can give you from all of this, 

just stay true to yourself 

through the battle.  Don't change up because then you're going to be fighting the initial battle and then looking at yourself in the mirror trying to figure out who is looking back at you.  

By the way, I'm still on the battlefield.  I told you, my tippy toes are just reaching the ground.  Now, I just need for the rest of my feet to follow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment