Sunday, July 23, 2017

The Great Adaptation

I have a feeling this will be a series of posts.  I don't want to bore you with a long post.  Quite frankly, I don't have the energy for a long post right now.  I have so many emotions running through me right now.  In all moments, I'm happy, but there are those moments that just under the surface of that happiness, I'm either angry, hurt, confused, on the cusp of falling back into a depression, or getting ready to have an anxiety attack.  I like non of those things, but I know they are all part of what we go through in life.  

In recent weeks, I've had different people ask me the same question, but pertaining to different things.  Here is the question....

Are you happy?

The thing is, I cannot just simply say yes to this question.  However, when people ask me, I think I confuse them by smiling and saying yes.  I'm not trying to confuse them, I'm just trying to keep it simple because there is a lot going on under the surface.  But let me tell you one thing, when environments change, you have to learn to adapt.  


Photo Credit: Pexels

No comments:

Post a Comment