Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Up to scale

Well, it's a beautiful day to be happy and alive!  Here's to hoping I can actually keep up with my posting schedule this week.  I haven't been doing to well with that lately, but I will give it a try.  

Today, I want to talk about this whole workout thing I'm doing right now.  I've been working out and eating better since January 2 of this year.  As of yesterday, I've logged food in LoseIt for 197 days!  I've only lost just over 10 pounds, but remember, I did have two months where I sort of hit that crazy plateau!  However, I didn't let that sidetrack me.  I kept going and I'm a little excited to do my monthly weigh-in August 1.  But, that's not what brings me here for this post...

A couple of weeks ago, I was in the hallway of my office building getting prepped to do some field work.  Well, someone caught me in the hallway and asked me who are looking cute for?  I started laughing because I was NOT cute at all that day, since I was working outside part of the day.  I told her and she said she was referencing my smaller frame.  


the compliment that changed my day

Anyone who has ever tried to lose weight knows this one thing to be true, you are the last person to notice the actual physical change in your body.  I've been known for a couple of months that my clothes are fitting better.  Just a few weeks ago, I got on a pair of jeans without even having to unzip them.  But when I stand in front of the mirror getting dressed to go to the office, or anywhere for that matter, all I see is a tummy (and now all the extra flab I've gained since losing those pounds).  I'm not complaining though.  It just means it is time for me to change up my workout.  



So, this post was nothing major, but I just wanted to let you know fellow people on the hunt to lose some weight - you're doing fabulous!  Keep moving forward and remember that you are much more than a number on the scale.  It took me a while to learn that and once I did, I was much better for it.   

Photo credit: Pexels

No comments:

Post a Comment