Friday, July 21, 2017

We need to talk

I wish I had something fancy to tell you today.  I don't.  When I got in the car from a crazy day at work, I heard something that was shocking.  But at the same time, I'm not surprised because we're hearing about it too often.  

We have to stop making mental health sound like such a bad phrase.  It's real.  People are suffering from it.  People need to know they have someone they can talk to.  People need to know that they are understood.  

If you are in the United States, the National Suicide Prevention Hotline is 1-800-273-8255.  My fellow readers and bloggers in other counties, if you could please comment with the hotline in your location, I will greatly appreciate it.  

Unless we start talking about this, we're going to continue to see RIP and pray for _______.  Aren't you tired of seeing hashtags of people we could have helped?  And no, I'm not just saying this, I've been on the side of this where I almost succeeded.  I've been very open about my battle with depression and my current issues with anxiety.  Why?  Because it's time to be open and honest.  It's just time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment